Friday, February 27, 2009

Custom Business Cards: Lisa daCosta


I'm going to be pretty busy this afternoon finishing up a new custom wedding invitation job for a lovely couple in Flagstaff, Arizona, but I thought in the meantime that I would share with you one of my latest custom business card designs.  Right after I posted about a custom set of letterpress printed business cards here for a company called Kerplunc, I got quite a few inquiries from other individuals and companies about creating custom business cards for them.  This is the first card design that resulted from one of those inquiries.  

Lisa contacted me about creating a new business card design for her to use that was both general and beautiful and not-too-specific work-wise.  This is because she is a "girl-at-large" who is involved in many thing from business and political consulting to non-profit fundraising, and she needed a card that was beautiful and unique, while still being able to cover all the bases.  

At the top of this post is a photo of one of her finished cards.  It is letterpress printed in two colors: chocolate brown and emerald green on Crane Lettra 100% cotton paper in Ecru.  This is the same paper stock I use for my Twin Ravens Press business cards and I just love the way it looks: classy and unique without being too over-the-top.  Lisa chose a nice floral design for the card and chose a cursive, somewhat pretty and feminine looking typeface that is still very ledgible.  She kept the information on the card simple by only using her name, e-mail address and phone number.  I think this sets of cards turned out absolutely lovely and will work very well for all of Lisa's business pursuits!  

If you are interested in having custom letterpress printed business cards designed for you or your company, feel free to contact us at twinravenspress@gmail.com!

Thanks again, Lisa! 

No comments: