Friday, August 14, 2009

Nikki McClure


Image copyright Nikki McClure, via www.nikkimcclure.com

Happy Friday everyone!  I just found this interview online of one of my favorite artists, Nikki McClure.  Nikki lives and works in Olympia, Washington and is best know for her painstakingly intricate paper-cuts.  Nikki uses an exacto knife and a single sheet of paper to cut out complex images that speak to ideas of motherhood, nature and activism.  I know she's also done some mixed media work with letterpress as well.  The video interview below totally speaks to many of the reasons why I enjoy being an artist myself and to why I love living in the Pacific Northwest.  Anyway, if you aren't already familiar with her work, you ought to check out the video below, as well as her website.  Have a fantastic weekend!


No comments: