Monday, June 1, 2009

Paul & Jesika's Wedding



This past weekend I made the short drive up I-5 to Salem, Oregon for a couple of my friends from college's wedding.  If you've been following this blog for a little while, you may remember me mentioning Paul and Jesika.  I designed and letterpress printed their wedding stationery, which you can read about here.  





The wedding was at Zenith Vineyards, a very pretty, little winery, just outside of Salem.  The wedding wasn't over-the-top fancy, but it was beautiful, the weather was gorgeous, the food was fantastic and it was really fun to get to see and visit with not only the bride and groom, but other college friends that I hadn't seen in a few years.  

I must admit that I didn't really think much about weddings until I started Twin Ravens Press, but since I started my business the subject of weddings - what they are, what they mean to the people having and attending them, different ways and styles of having them, how to design paper goods with all of that and more in mind, etc... is something that fills both my work and non-work-related thoughts on a much more regular basis.  It's really fun though, these days especially, when I actually get to attend a wedding of both people I know and people that I got to design and print for.  Something about it makes what I do for work, in a lot of ways, seem much more important and special - not just for me as the designer, but also for all of the people that the designs were for.  One of the guest's whom I hadn't met prior to the wedding even said that the invitations were the most beautiful she had ever seen - pretty nice compliment if you ask me.  

Anyway, here are some more pictures of the event.  I don't know that my recapping the whole afternoon and evening would add anything to this, but all I can say is that the bride and groom looked so happy, both families were really sweet, proud and supportive and the whole event was a really good time.  Take a look for yourself: 








Paul & Jes - if you end up reading this, I just want to say "Congratulations!" once again.  It's been really wonderful getting to spend the last several years knowing you, going to college with you, finishing college with you, and moving on into our careers and post-college lives and relationships.  You guys have always been great friends and a great couple and it was really exciting to see you make a life-long commitment on Saturday.  Thank you for inviting us to share in your special day!  

No comments: