Saturday, June 20, 2009

Olivia & Neer are Getting Married!



I can't believe it's been eleven days since my last post!  Things have been really busy this spring/early summer for Twin Ravens Press.  The good thing about my lack of posts lately though, is that I will have lots of awesome things to show you in the coming weeks, so stay tuned! 

Today, however, I want to show you a very pretty wedding suite that I completed at the end of last month for a couple who are getting married in late August!  Olivia and Neer originally contacted me back in February after seeing this suite that I printed for Nataliya and Christopher last year, and this one that I did for a pair of good friends who just got married in May.  Olivia and Neer's suite is actually very similar to my good friends' suite, however, we changed up the color scheme and wording to make it unique for Olivia and Neer!  Their stationery suite included an A7 size invitation and envelope and a 4bar size reply card with envelope.  You can see a picture of all of the pieces in the suite together at the top of this post.  

While all of the pieces in this suite are gorgeous, in my opinion, the most stunning piece is the invitation.  Olivia and Neer's wedding invitation is an A7 size and was printed on 100% cotton Crane Lettra Pearl White Paper in two ink colors: black and a very light leafy green.  I love the way that the florals in this design really interweave and interact with the actual text of the invitation.  It's very elegant and beautiful and draws the recipient's attention to the textual information on the invitation very well.  



The above photo is a close-up of part of the invitation.  Click on the above photo to make it larger - you can actually see the impression and the way that the two colors overlap with each other.  All letterpress printing is done one color at a time, one sheet at a time, so when you have multiple colors like this that overlap, you are actually physically making an impression of your second (or third, or fourth...) color over the ones that you have printed previously.  I really love this affect and think that it really adds to the unique "look" of letterpress.  Very pretty, don't you think? 

The invitations were mailed out in a single soft white A7 size European Pointed Flap envelope from Waste Not Paper Company.  I printed their return address on the flap in light green, which you can see here:


The other important piece in this suite, is of course, the reply card.  Olivia and Neer's reply card was designed using the same colors and floral elements as their invitation and also included a small black border to frame the design and text.  It is a 4bar size card, also printed on Crane Lettra.  It came with a Leaf Green envelope from Waste Not Paper that nearly matched the green ink color on the invitations.  I printed their address on the front of these envelopes in black.  Check it out below: 




I really love how simple and elegant this whole suite is!  Olivia and Neer were fabulous clients to work with and I know that their New York City wedding in August is going to be beautiful!

Congratulations Olivia and Neer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Digging the curly leaves!