Thursday, May 14, 2009

Just off the Press: Round Wedding Menus!



I just finished printing a set of gorgeous wedding menus for a couple who are getting married in Spain next Saturday.  I've been working with the bride and groom that these are for for several months now and this is the final piece they are having me print for their wedding.  The couple I'm speaking of are Isabel and Luis, who I printed a gorgeous set of wedding invitations for back in January.  I wrote about working with Isabel and about her wedding invitations in a couple of other blog posts, which you can find here and here.  

Like her other letterpress pieces, Isa designed her wedding menus herself and sent her design to me to be letterpress printed.  Like her other pieces, the menus are bilingual, english and spanish and feature a gorgeous, ornate-looking, romantic design.  These menus are also extremely unique in that they are 5.5" circle shapes.  In order to print these, I first printed them on a square 6" sheet of Crane Lettra 100% cotton ecru paper in violet ink and then die-cut each one on the letterpress using a sharp, custom-made, steel 5.5" round circle die.  As, you can see from the above photo, they turned out magnificently!  (Click on the photo if you'd like to see a bigger version).  

I really loved Isabel's fancy designs throughout her whole suite.  Here is a close-up of some of the ornate, beautiful pattern on the top of the menu: 



The design is beautiful and really shows off the letterpress detail and impression very well!   These menus were rush shipped off to Spain this afternoon so that Isabel and Luis can enjoy them at their reception next weekend.  

Congratulations again, Isabel and Luis!  Thanks again!  

No comments: