Monday, March 16, 2009

From the inbox...


You may remember a post I did back in October, prior to the most recent Presidential Election about some cards that I designed and printed in support of the Obama campaign.  You don't remember that post?  Well then, you can go back and read about it here.  We ended up giving away all of the cards as a result of that posting and today I received a lovely e-mail message from one of the recipients.  She wrote: 

I'm one of the people that you gave an Obama card to back in October and I just wanted to let you know how it ended up. I framed it and gave it to my mom for Christmas.  I was a little nervous about it because it was a good bit smaller in comparison and not made by me as my sisters presents were, but she absolutely loved it.  (She definitely got a little teary eyed.) 
 
Thank you so much!
She even sent us a picture of the framed card we sent her, which you can see at the top of this post.  Pretty cool, don't you think?  It's always great to hear from people who are enjoying your work.  

In case you were wondering, I no longer have any more of the Obama cards from the original printing.  However, because of their popularity, I am considering doing a second printing, which I will post about here, when and if it ends up happening.  It won't be for a little while, due to the number of different custom jobs for weddings, bar and bat mitzvahs and baby showers/announcements that are currently in the works, but I will definitely keep you posted.  

Thanks so much Caitlan, and I'm so glad you and your mom loved the card!

No comments: